Director of Finance
Summary of position:
The Director of Finance position, based in Lakewood, CO, provides an opportunity to join a growing and dynamic organization dedicated to protecting Colorado’s most significant land-based resources. The Mission of Colorado Open Lands (COL) is to preserve the significant open lands and natural heritage of Colorado through private and public partnerships, innovative land conservation techniques, and strategic leadership. The Director of Finance oversees the financial processes of the organization and is expected to maximize and safeguard the financial resources of COL. COL currently has 25 employees with a $3-4 million budget. This position is a member of the senior management team and reports to the President.
– Responsible for all aspects of Colorado Open Lands and COL Foundation financial operations, including reporting, budget and forecasting, cash management and transaction processing.
– Prepare, track, forecast, and manage the organization’s budget.
– Prepare quarterly financial statements.
– Manage annual external audit process & 990’s, (consolidated audit, separate 990’s).
– Monitor portfolio of investments to ensure compliance with investment policy.
– Prepare and implement finance policies and procedures to include risk management and internal controls.
– Manage grant accounting requirements to ensure compliance including release of restricted funds.
– Manage the bookkeeper to ensure timely and accurate processing on all accounts receivable, accounts payable, maintenance of the general ledger and monthly account reconciliations.
– Act as plan administer for the organization’s 401k.
– Work across departments to implement new projects with specialized accounting requirements.
– Act as staff liaison to the Board Finance Committee.
– Minimum of five (5) years non-profit accounting and audit experience.
– Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or significant relevant experience.
– Strong knowledge of GAAP.
– Experience with restricted grant management.
– Experience with Quickbooks accounting software.
– Experience with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
– Familiarity with investments and asset management.
– Strong cross functional coordination skills and process improvement.
– Keen analytic, organization, and problem-solving skills.
– Ability to strategically develop, adapt and maintain systems to streamline processes.
– Natural at organizational leadership.
– Passionate about our mission.
Structure and Compensation:
This is a full time (40 hours/week), benefitted position with a salary range of $72,000-$85,000.
Colorado Open Lands offers a competitive compensation package, including 401k plan with corporate match, health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), health savings account (HSA) account, life and disability insurance, paid time off (vacation, sick time, holidays) and a collaborative, flexible work environment.
Please email a cover letter and resume to Pam Sjoerdsma, Director of HR & Administration, at email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled.
Colorado Open Lands provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or other protected status. For information about Colorado Open Lands, please visit our website at www.ColoradoOpenLands.org