Colorado Open Lands invites you to consider a career in conservation. Our staff is comprised of talented, passionate conservation professionals with a passion for helping landowners positively impact Colorado forever.
Colorado Open Lands is seeking a Data & Direct Mail Manager
Position based in Lakewood, CO
Summary of Position:
Colorado Open Lands is excited to grow our charitable giving team with the addition of a Data & Direct Mail Manager. This person will be charged with leading, managing, and being accountable for COL’s data, contact/donor management platforms, and direct mail campaigns.
This is an opportunity to join a growing and dynamic organization dedicated to protecting Colorado’s most significant land-based resources. This position reports to the Director of Philanthropy, and is based in Lakewood, CO, with teleworking options available.
The Mission of Colorado Open Lands is to preserve the significant open lands and natural heritage of Colorado through private and public partnerships, innovative land conservation techniques and strategic leadership. Through our work, we demonstrate our core values of integrity, creativity, inspiration, and collaborative leadership.
Data Entry, Management, and Reporting
- Execute all data entry, including gift processing, into COL’s contact and donor management platforms including, but not limited to, Donor Perfect and Constant Contact.
- Ensure that data is accurate, ‘clean’, and organized to support donor-centric communications.
- Review donor data through the lenses of organizational and departmental initiatives, as well as donor preferences activity, to identify meaningful trends and opportunities that may inform development functions.
- Regularly evaluate platforms to determine additive value of new or additional features in the context of COL’s strategic and departmental initiatives.
- Produce on-demand and regularly scheduled reports to support accounting, fundraising, outreach and communications efforts.
- Manage the processing and distribution of all gift and pledge receipts, and any added value collateral and/or staff engagement associated with such, in a timely and accurate manner
- Execute all direct mail campaigns including regularly scheduled and special mailed appeals.
- Hold the highest expectation for accuracy regarding donor information, merged fields, and any special testing protocols.
- Manage all mail-related vendors including print, mail house, and postage vendors. Regularly bid mail-related vendors and evaluate additive value of new or additional offerings to ensure that COL best leverages its direct mail budget.
General Office Engagement
- Collaborate with other staff to develop Annual Work Plan and other strategic documents.
- Participate in regular staff, planning, and other meetings.
Knowledge and Experience
- Entering data into, and managing the maintenance of, customer / donor relationship management software.
- Creating and interpreting customized data reports for use by internal and external stakeholders.
- Managing direct mail campaigns, concept through delivery, including multiple levels of customization and segmentation.
- Developing and executing projects within deadlines and established budgets.
Skills and Attributes
- High attention to detail and accuracy in a fluid, high-demand environment.
- Ability to think creatively and proactively about customer / donor data in the context of departmental and organizational goals.
- Effective at translating stakeholder data requests into accurate, functional reports.
- Fluency with common office software including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. as well as customer / donor CRM platforms.
- Demonstrated commitment to the core values of Colorado Open Lands.
- Fluency with Donor Perfect, DRM software.
- Ability to work, problem solve, and add value in an independent manner.
- Tenacity, sense of humor, and team-oriented attitude.
Structure and Compensation:
This position is scheduled at .75 FTE (30 hours / week) with a salary of $31,500 and is eligible for a full benefits package.
Colorado Open Lands offers a competitive compensation package including: 401k plan with corporate match, health insurance (medical, dental, & vision, health savings account (HSA) account), life and disability insurance, paid time off (sick, vacation, holidays, etc.) and a collaborative, flexible work environment.
Please email a cover letter describing your desire and capacity to fill the role, résumé, and three relevant references to Brandy Bertram at BBertram@coloradoopenlands.org. The position will remain open until filled.
Colorado Open Lands provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or other protected status.